William and Aaron hosted a webinar about uses for the studio. They demonstrated the following four features of the studio:
- Ability to record multi-angle demonstrations
- Capture handwriting lessons using a digitizer tablet or mini lightboard
- Record high quality podcast audio or voiceover for screencasts
- Replace green screen backdrop with custom graphic or setting to contextualize video
The webinar audience included local instructors who are able to visit the Chicago campus or are designing a course that will be taught on campus for Chicago campus students to do an activity in the studio. Recommendations for studio uses at this time include:
- A short welcome video for Fall 2016 (there’s still time!)
- Videos for Winter 2017 courses, work with your assigned learning designer to schedule a visit
Anyone who would like to view the webinar may access the BlueJeans Recording.
Contact email@example.com or fill out the Studio Request Form if interested.
Non-studio video questions and activities were briefly discussed for remote faculty and a follow-up webinar in December will focus on remote video production options. As always, view the DL website guides for options you can use your own device to produce. Contact firstname.lastname@example.org with questions.